“Borrow the Internet” with a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Evanston residents age 16 or older who are cardholders of the Evanston Public Library can “Borrow the Internet” through a Wi-Fi Hotspot lending program. Wi-Fi Hotspots are small, portable devices that let patrons bring free internet service into their homes or wherever service is desired, for up to four weeks at a time.
Here’s how it works:
- Wi-Fi Hotspots may be checked out at the Main Library and both branches.
- You must provide a valid photo ID: driver’s license, state ID or High School ID.
- You can place a device on hold through the EPL catalog.
- You can borrow one device per library card.
- Keep your device for up to 4 weeks. It is non-renewable.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots can be returned to the Main Library or the branches.
- $50 replacement fee for lost device. $5 a day late fee up to maximum of $20.
For more information about this internet lending program, please call 847-448-8620.