The Evanston Public Library is hosting Evanston Ed, a webinar series on how to use the virtual learning opportunities available through three vast online resources: Gale Courses, Gale Presents: Udemy, and LearningExpress Library. The wide range of educational courses offered are perfect for people of any age seeking to gain new insight, experience, or general knowledge. Job seekers can make great use of these databases as a tool to expand their skill set and take their career to the next level. All that’s needed to access these courses free of charge is an Evanston Public Library card.
- Gale Courses has an updating lineup of over 350 instructor-led courses available at the start of each month, complete with online lessons, assignments, and quizzes.
- Gale Presents: Udemy has an even wider selection of over 4,000 on-demand video courses, giving you a personalized learning experience on your time, taught by expert instructors.
- LearningExpress Library offers access to targeted learning centers containing lessons in a number of areas, each with a collection of e-books, practice tests, tutorials, and flashcards to help guide your learning experience.
These resources offer virtual learning for career and personal advancement, including subjects like:
- Web development
- Data science
- Microsoft Excel
- College admissions test prep
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Drawing for beginners
- Personal finance
- Life skills and parenting
- And much, much more!
The webinars, taking place over three weeks in March, will give an overview of each resource’s offerings and present a step-by-step guide to accessing the tools they provide. They will be hosted as Zoom webinars and will also be streamed live on the Evanston Public Library Facebook page.
The first webinar, held on Wednesday, March 17 at 4 pm, will explore the offerings of Gale Courses. Following on Wednesday, March 24 at 4 pm will be a presentation on Gale Presents: Udemy. The final webinar, on LearningExpress Library, will take place on Wednesday, March 31 at 4 pm.
Please register online for all events. The events will be recorded and a link provided to all registrants after the events are completed. Visit epl.org for more information.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services CAGML-247937-OMLS-20. Este proyecto ha sido posible en parte por el Instituto de Servicios de Museos y Bibliotecas, CAGML-247937-OMLS-20.