What is Mission Impossible? It is an annual yearlong program (October-August) where, over the past decade, hundreds of readers have joined with Library staff to read and discuss classic works of literature.
This year we will be discussing three novels by James Baldwin:
- Go Tell It On the Mountain
- Giovanni’s Room
- Another Country.
Vintage International editions are suggested. Registration is still open for available discussion groups.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect.
- Create a safe and trusting environment.
- Encourage everyone to participate and actively listen to other group members.
We will not:
- Dominate the conversation.
- Treat others’ opinions as grounds for an argument since this is a discussion and not a debate.
- Use inflammatory or offensive language, even when quoting from James Baldwin’s novels. For example, if quoting from the text, we will say “N-word” instead of the word written on the page.