Nearby notary services are listed below. The Evanston Public Library does not offer notary services.
Please note that some documents (such as wills) require different notary licensing and bonding than others, so please contact these services first to make sure they can notarize the type of document you have.
City of Evanston
2100 Ridge Ave #1200 Evanston, IL 60201
- Notary services are available from Monday to Friday, between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Appointments are available upon request.
- Some documents require different Notary licensing and bonding than others, so please specify what notary services you need to ensure we can notarize the type of document you have
- We can not act as a witness; you must provide your own witness
- ID Requirements: State Driver’s license, State ID, Passport, Foreign Passport, or Matricula Consular card
- The cost for Notarizing a document is $2.00, but this does not apply to documents created by the City of Evanston
Most banks will notarize documents for people who have accounts at those banks. Prices may vary, but the service is often free for account holders at that bank. Contact your bank for more details.
Illinois Currency Exchange
1605 Maple Ave, Evanston, IL 60201
Charges $1 per signature, call ahead to make sure your document qualifies.
1830 W. Dempster Ave, Evanston, Illinois 60202
Small fee for notarization services. Call for more information.
The UPS Store
848 Dodge Ave, Evanston, IL 60202
Notary available by appointment only. Call ahead or schedule online. Can notarize wills; all documents $1 per notary stamp required.
Notaries available 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or smartphone. $25 per document.