After a challenging year in 2020, staff at the Evanston Public Library once again invite you to join us in a year-long reading challenge: READ 2021.
With this second year of our challenge, we hope to move beyond the genres and authors we typically read, explore new territory, get outside of our comfort zones and expand our love of reading to include new voices and stories. We hope you will join us!
Each month we’ll be reading a different genre or format:
January: Books with Fewer than 200 pages | PDF| Digital Content
February: Romance | PDF | Digital Content
March: Books in Translation | PDF | Digital Content
April: Poetry | PDF | Digital Content
May: Graphic Novels & Comics | PDF | Digital Content
June (Watch Month): A Non-English Language Film | PDF | Digital Content
July: Beach Reads | PDF | Digital Content
August: Science Fiction & Fantasy | PDF | Digital Content
September: Non-Fiction S.T.E.M. | PDF | Digital Content
October: Horror | PDF | Digital Content
November: Humor | PDF | Digital Content
December: Memoir & Biography | PDF | Digital Content
How to participate:
- Read a book from our monthly list of suggested titles or choose a book that fits the monthly category on your own.
- Read 2021 is flexible! Participate in any month that interests or inspires you. No need to register!
- When you complete a month’s challenge, fill out this form online to enter for a chance to win a gift card. We’ll choose winners at the end of every month.
- If you really love the book you read that month, share it with us by writing a Community Picks Review!
- The monthly topics for this year will be the same as last year’s Read 2020 challenge but the suggested reading lists for each month will be edited and expanded.
Our monthly suggested title lists will be available on the library’s website on this post and on our READ 2021 book display on the second floor of the Main Library.
Keep an eye out for book reviews, blog posts, and book talk events connected to READ 2021 and, most importantly, have fun!
Need some more recommendations for a specific month? Use our LitMatch form and ask for titles that match a specific month’s category!