Evanston Care Network: Find free and low cost services, including childcare, unemployment, job training, food, housing, legal help, and more.
Want to Talk to Someone?
We are sorry that we can’t help with the services of a social worker in the library at this time. We are currently seeking a new social worker at the Evanston Public Library.
- If your need is urgent call the 24/7 Crisis Line at AMITA: 708-681-4357
- If you need assistance with locating community resources like those for housing, food, etc. call or text 847-448-4311
- If you have a question about library services, such as using the computers, call 847-448-8630
Need Healthcare? Contact the Certified Healthcare Navigator
- Call 773-519-3632 or email email@example.com
- Learn how to enroll if you’re newly unemployed
- Find out if you qualify for financial help to lower your costs
- Discover what providers are available
- Get assistance with filing complaints
Need Tax Help? Our partner LadderUp provides free tax assistance.
If you are an individual earning up to $30,000 per year, and households earning up to $56,000 per year, you can visit The Virtual Tax Assistance Program to sign up. You can also file your own taxes, if you qualify, with a free version of TurboTax. The tax deadline has been extended until July 15.
Need to file for Unemployment or a Stimulus Check?
Need help as a tenant with housing issues? Call MTO.
Our partner Metropolitan Tenants Organization (MTO) is accepting phone calls at their 24-hour hotline number 773-292-4988. They are prioritizing Evanston calls, with a callback time between 24-48 hours.
- With an Evanston Public Library card, you can reserve a Wifi Hotspot. You will be notified when it is available, and then you can pick it up with the library’s Curbside Services. If you live in Evanston and need a library card, you can get a Library eCard.
- For free wifi locations in Evanston, check this wifi map or enter your zip code to find a hotspot near you.
- Those who qualify for public assistance (SNAP, free lunch, etc.) can get 60 days of Internet Essentials free from Comcast.
Need a Computer or Printing?
- The downtown Evanston Public Library (1703 Orrington Ave) is open for computer use during these hours: Tues 4-8 / Wed 2-6 / Thurs 4-8 / Fri 2-6 / Sat 2-6.
- The Robert Crown library also has computers available Sat 10-4 / Sun 12-6 / Mon 2-8.
- On a first-come first-serve basis, you can use a computer for up to 1 hour per day.
- Printing free-of-charge for up to 10 pages a day.
- Masks are required at all times and will be provided to those who don’t have one.