- Score freebies like limited-edition bookmarks, and enter a raffle for one of our ‘I Read Banned Books’ tees.
- Go on a library scavenger hunt – we’ve got them for kids and adults!
- Explore a crafty new hobby. Teens can use our button maker, and adults are invited to explore the art of origami hands on.
- Learn about Evanston’s history. We’ll be throwing open the doors to our Evanstoniana room.
- Discover Evanston authors. Pick up our 150 Evanston Authors guide and see our curated collection of locally authored books.
- Get reading recommendations from your neighbors with our latest community book picks on display.
- Meet board members and volunteers and learn how you can participate more in your library.
Plus join us for scheduled programming at both locations:
- Repair Clinic. We’ll be fixing your stuff at our wildly popular repair clinic! Sign up for a timeslot with one of our volunteers. Robert Crown, 10 a.m. all ages
- Eclipse Watch Party! Check out the annular eclipse with safe viewing gear. Main Library sidewalk, 10:30 a.m. kids
- Birthday Storytime. Celebrate 150 years with stories of birthdays and counting. Robert Crown, 10:30 a.m. kids
- Community Art Project. Paint with us and contribute to our next art installation. Robert Crown, 1-3 p.m. all ages
- Gaming Tournament. Go head-to-head with your friend for a chance at glory on Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Just Dance and more. Main Library, 1-3 p.m. teens
The public is also invited to the 150th anniversary’s capstone event, a Thank You Reception for our entire Evanston Public Library community from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Community Room of the Main Library. The reception will feature a program on the Library’s collaboration with Shorefront Legacy Center to fully digitize the Evanston Newsette and the Evanston Review and desegregate a portion of our city’s history. Join us and allow Evanston Public Library to express our gratitude for the role our community members play in making out work possible – together we are the Library.
And there’s so much more happening! Visit epl.org/150th for more information.