Evanston Care Network: Find free and low cost services, including childcare, unemployment, job training, food, housing, legal help, and more.
Want to Talk to a Someone?
Talk with Tabitha, our Social Worker, at 847-448-8659 or in person at Evanston Public Library’s downtown location:
- Mon/Wed/Fri 10am-6pm
- Tues 11am-7pm
- Thurs (Remote) 9am-5pm
Tabitha is here to talk with you and can also help with:
- SNAP/Medicaid applications
- Disability applications/recertification
- Access to primary care/specialized care
- Housing (both application assistance and referral/linkage)
- Mental health/substance abuse linkage & referral
- Emergency/transitional shelter
- Food pantries/nutrition programs
- Free showers/laundry/meals
- Employment (applications, referrals to workforce development, resume help)
- Other issues/resources: domestic violence, LGBTQIA+, re-entry, legal aid, immigration, etc.
Need a Meal or Place to Rest?
- Visit Interfaith Action’s website to find free meals and a hospitality center or call/text 847-448-4311
- If your need is urgent call the 24/7 Crisis Line at AMITA: 708-681-4357
Need help as a tenant with housing issues?
Our partner Metropolitan Tenants Organization (MTO) is accepting phone calls at their 24-hour hotline number 773-292-4988. They are prioritizing Evanston calls, with a callback time between 24-48 hours.
Need Financial Assistance with a Mortgage, Rent Payments, etc.?
- Call the Eviction/Homeless Prevention Call Center at 877-426-6515
- Call the City of Evanston CV19 Rent Assistance Program at 847-448-8112, if you live in Evanston, lost income due to COVID-19, and are 2-6 months past due on your rent. Or email your name, address, and phone number to CV19rent@cityofevanston.org, and you will be contacted to determine eligibility and start an application.
How do I find out more about Evanston’s Reparations Program?
Visit the City of Evanston’s Reparations webpage
Need to file for Unemployment or a Stimulus Check?
Need Free Tax Help?
- Call Ladder Up at 312-588-6900 or visit https://www.goladderup.org/our-services/tax-assistance for eligibility and to schedule an appointment. Income limits: Available to individuals earning up to $30,000/year and households earning up to $57,000/year.
- If you are 65+, the Levy Center (in partnership with AARP Foundation) will offer free tax help during tax season. Call the Levy Center for more details and to make an appointment: 847-448-8250. Income limits: Available to individuals earning up to $35,000/year and households earning up to $55,000/year.
- Meet virtually or talk over the phone with our Certified Healthcare Navigator. Email Laura, our Certified Healthcare Navigator, at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Learn how to enroll in healthcare coverage, find out if you qualify for financial help, get assistance with filing complaints, and more.
- You can also call the library at 847-448-8630, and we will provide you with the Navigator’s phone number.
Need Wi-Fi, a computer, or printing?
Find Wi-Fi, computers, and more at the Evanston Public Library.