How do I place a hold?
Patrons with a valid library card may place holds on most circulating library materials, except “Most Wanted” books.
- Go to the EPL catalog and log in to your account by typing your library card number and your password (the last four digits of your phone number, unless you have changed it).
- After logging in, search for your title. To place a hold on this title click on the Place Hold button.
- You may select the Main Library or Robert Crown as a pick-up location.
- If items are not immediately available, you will be notified when the book is ready for pick-up by email or phone.
- Remember to click on the Logout button when you are finished.
- You can also reserve items by calling (847) 448-8620 or by going to the Reader’s Services desk.
How do I pick up my hold?
The Library offers Self-Service holds pick up at all locations. If you need immediate assistance please call 847-448-8600 to speak with a staff member. You are welcome to enter the library to pick up your material at our self service location and utilize our self-checkout machines. The self service hold location at the Main Library is located in the first floor lobby. Please bring your library card with you.
Holds can be picked up at the Main Library:
- Tuesday and Thursdays from 4pm-8pm
- Wednesday, Friday, and Saturdays from 2pm-6pm.
Holds can be picked up at the Robert Crown Library Branch:
- Saturday from 10am-4pm.
- Sunday from 10am-6pm.
- Monday from 2pm-8pm.
How to find your hold in the library:
Step 1: Holds are under the first four letters of your last name
Step 2: Then the first initial of your first and middle name
Step 3: Verify the last four digits of your library card number
Step 4: Take your hold to self-checkout machines located by the Circulation Desk.