The Sphero Bolt is a robotic ball you can program or control using a phone or tablet. We have included links to guides and activities below to help you get started.
- Sphero Bolt
- USB cord
- Charging station
- Get started guide
The Sphero Bolt requires a phone or tablet with Bluetooth enabled. This is not included in the kit.
- Display custom graphics and real-time data with BOLT’s 8×8 programmable LED matrix and let your creativity shine through
- Equipped with advanced robot sensors that you can program and use to learn more about robotics
- Play educational games, create your own and learn how to code through hands-on play and STEAM activities
- Keep the ball rolling longer than ever with 4+ hours of playtime on a single charge
- Recommended for ages 8+
Sphero Bolt: At Home Guide – Get up and running with the Sphero EDU app and learn how to charge the Sphero.
Meet the Sphero Bolt – Watch videos to learn about BOLT’s 8×8 LED matrix, compass sensor, ambient light sensor and infrared sensors.
We recommend the following activities to get started coding the Sphero Bolt:
- Sphero Bowling (Don’t have bowling pins? Use empty bottles or make them from cardboard).
- Build a Maze and program the Sphero to solve it.
- Chariot Challenge: Create a Sphero powered chariot from household items.
- Light It Up: Learn how to program the 8×8 LED matrix to show different colors and animations.
- Simon Says, Part 1 and Simon Says, Part 2: Create your own version of the classic game using the Sphero.