Sure, they’re merry, but for some, the holidays from Thanksgiving through the new year are a source of stress, too. But have no fear! The Evanston Public Library is here to help whether you’re trimming the tree, stretching a dollar, or just trying to keep the dinner table civil with that weird cousin of yours. Check out some of these upcoming programs to make your holidays a little more merry:
- Make a handmade and eco-friendly gift at Upcycle This: Decoupage on Glass. Monday, Nov. 27. 6:00pm – 7:30pm. Sign up!
- Find gifts for your favorite young book lovers at our 2023 Favorite Picture Books Presentation with librarians Betsy Bird and Brian Wilson. Saturday, Dec. 2, 10-11:30am. Register.
- Bring a pre-loved toy and go “shopping” for the kids for free in an eco-friendly, reusable way at our Toy Swap. Monday, December 04: 7:00pm – 8:00pm. Register!
- The therapist is in. Get advice on family dynamics and what to do about a blue Christmas at Surviving the Holidays with Lori Gottlieb. Wednesday, December 06, 7:00pm – 8:00pm. Register.
- Try Winter Sowing to get your green thumb through the cold, dormant months. Monday, December 11, 6:00pm – 7:00pm. Sign up!
- Gather round and experience The Nutcracker at Home, performed by the Royal Ballet. Saturday, December 16, 9:00am – 11:55pm. Get the link!
Looking for more? We’ve got events for everyone at epl.org/events.