Automatic renewals have started!!
Now eligible items will renew automatically, giving you more peace of mind as well as more time with library materials.
So what do you need to do? Nothing!
How automatic renewal works
- Eligible items checked out on your account will automatically renew up to 2 times. You don’t need to do anything—it’s automatic!
- Most Wanted, Hotpicks, WiFi Hotspots, Children’s Holiday Books, Battle of the Books, Interlibrary Loans, and any item on hold for another cardholder are not eligible for renewal or if the max renewal is met.
- Digital collection items (eBooks, digital audiobooks, streaming movies and music) are not affected by this change.
- Three days before the due date, eligible items will automatically renew.
- Cardholders who have selected notification via email will get an email letting them know which items were automatically renewed, and which were not.
- Cardholders can sign up for email notifications by going online to epl.org and selecting a notification preference. Another way is to ask a staff member at any library branch or by phone during open hours.
- Cardholders can always check due dates for all items by logging into their account via epl.org
- Questions? Contact your library 847-448-8600