If you are looking for a lawyer in Cook County or one of the surrounding counties, the Chicago Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service has over 300 prescreened, qualified lawyers experienced in almost every area of law. The service can refer you to attorneys experienced in over 40 areas of law, including the following:
- Domestic Relations (including divorce, custody, support and other family law matters);
- Personal Injury (including auto accidents, slip and falls, products liability, wrongful death, malpractice and other types of injury cases);
- Estate Planning (including will drafting, trusts, probate and will contests);
- Real Estate (including buying or selling real estate, foreclosure defense, and landlord-tenant issues);
- Employment Law (including wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination); and
- Numerous other areas of law.
If you meet with the lawyer you are referred to, the lawyer will collect $30 at the initial consultation. Any other fees should be negotiated directly with the lawyer prior to the meeting.
You can also speak to a lawyer for free on the 3rd Saturday of every month, with the CBA's Call-A-Lawyer program. Call (312) 554-2001 from 9 a.m. to 12:00 noon on the program dates to speak to a volunteer Lawyer Referral Service attorney for general legal advice and self-help strategies.
See website for after-hours lawyers available on call for Criminal Defense, Domestic Relations/Family Law, and Personal Injury.