Evanston Public Library partners with Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO) as a Legal Self-Help Center.
A legal self-help center is a place where you can learn about the law, your legal rights, and how to go to court. If you have a legal issue, you can come to the Evanston Public Library to:
- use a computer for free,
- search online for answers to your legal questions,
- chat online with legal navigators,
- find and prepare court forms,
- get referrals for additional legal assistance, and
- get other help navigating the ILAO website and services.
ILAO is an independent nonprofit organization that provides web-based legal help and information for lower-income Illinoisans.