Victim Services provides social services to crime victims and witnesses and to residents seeking social service assistance in non-crime situations.
Additionally services provided include:
- Crisis Intervention Counseling, Information and Resources for Crime Victims and Witnesses
- Medical Advocacy for Sexual Assaults, Domestic Violence and Physical Abuse cases.
- Referrals or Assistance in obtaining Orders of Protection
Court Advocacy to assist victims and witnesses through the criminal justice system, including status on court dates and meetings with State’s Attorney
- Assist Domestic Violence Victims with Warning Signs of Domestic Violence, Safety Planning and provide Shelter Referrals.
- Assist eligible Victims with filing for Monetary Reimbursement under the Illinois Crime Victims Compensation Act
- Personal Advocacy such as interceding with employers so that Victims and Witnesses may attend court and intervening with medical billing issues related to injuries sustained during crime
- Legal Resources and Referrals regarding Domestic Violence & Custody Issues