JourneyCare helps patients realize their quality-of-life and end-of-life goals one day at a time through pain and symptom management, compassionate care, specialized therapies and a range of social services.
A community based, mission driven not-for-profit agency, JourneyCare serves patients in McHenry, Lake, Cook, DuPage, Kane, Boone, Will, Winnebago, DeKalb and Kendall counties—regardless of their ability to pay.
• Adult and pediatric hospice care wherever the patient calls home, and at our two inpatient centers
• Adult and pediatric palliative services
• Complementary therapy services, including art, massage, music, aroma, Healing Touch Therapy
• Grief support for adults and children
• Community and professional education
• Volunteer support
• Latino Outreach
• Veterans’ Services include specialized social services and support for those who have served our country
• Inpatient care provided at the free-standing Pepper Family Hospice Center in Barrington and at the Woodstock Hospice Center within the Centegra Specialty Hospital in Woodstock
A licensed and credentialed hospice for your benefit. Accredited by The Joint Commission—JourneyCare has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval, a designation awarded to about 25-percent of healthcare organizations nationally, and has held full accreditation since 1996
• Medicare certified, Licensed in the state of Illinois
Eligibility Criteria: Hospice is available for people with any life-limiting illness or condition—a person who has an illness or condition that is no longer responding to medical treatment, or a person whose physical conditions are unlikely to benefit from available medical care and continued treatment will prolong suffering or lower quality of life.
Fee Policy: Hospice coverage is available through Medicare Part A (hospital insurance), the Medicaid system of Illinois, and most insurance policies. Commercial insurance for hospice coverage does vary, so families should of course check with the patient’s employer or insurance provider. For patients and families in need, JourneyCare provides care regardless of ability to pay.