The Chicago Bar Foundation Justice Entrepreneurs Project (JEP) is a network of independent lawyers who are committed to making quality legal services accessible and affordable for regular people by using set fees, offering flexible representation options, and leveraging technology to increase efficiency.
Lawyers in the JEP currently assist clients in the following areas:
- Family Law – including divorce, spousal support, child support, custody, visitation and orders of protection
- Landlord/Tenant – including eviction proceedings and security deposit claims
- Consumer Law – including debt collection issues, consumer disputes and Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Estate Law – including wills, probate and guardianships
- Employment Law – including discrimination and wage claims
- Small Business/Non-profit – including business formation, contracts and intellectual property issues
- Real Property Law – including foreclosure proceedings and real estate purchase/sale
- Criminal - felonies and misdemeanors, traffic tickets, license suspensions and ordinance violations
- Immigration Law – including visas, residency, naturalization, family-based applications, deportation, and asylum
- Social security disability
- Education law
- Personal injury defense
- And more!