Update 9/1/2023: We are currently experiencing issues related to online catalog searches as result of the service interruption. Our consortium is aware of the issue and working to restore this service.
Many of the Evanston Public Library’s online and in-person services will experience interruptions from Friday, Sept. 1, through Monday, Sept. 4, as our library consortium makes upgrades to welcome a new member library.
During the upgrades, the following services may not be available:
- Certain online downloadable and streaming services, including Kanopy
- New library card registration
- Placing holds for library materials
- Paying fines for lost or damaged materials
- Interlibrary loans
- Self-check machines. Please take your materials to the Circulation Desk to check them out.
- In the EPL app, the catalog and account features may not work.
- Book returns inside the Robert Crown Branch Library. Please return materials to an outdoor dropbox or the Main Library.
- Any materials returned during this period will not be officially “checked in” in our system until Tuesday, Sept. 5. As a reminder, the Evanston Public Library does not charge late fees for overdue materials.
The upgrades will be complete the evening of Monday, Sept. 4. Services are expected to return to normal by Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Thank you for your patience, and if you have any questions, our staff will be happy to assist you.