EPL Technology trainer Sergio Gonzalez continues to teach basic computer classes in Spanish via remote instruction during the shelter-in-place order.
He says of the classes, “This is the best way to continue supporting our Spanish speaking residents during these difficult times. They want to continue growing their computer skills. It’s my duty to provide them the best and most professional technology tools as they continue to improve their lives. I love supporting our residents this way.”
Sergio conducts the live webinars using Microsoft Teams. He says that at first he needed to provide phone instruction to show people how to log into the webinar.
The subjects he has been teaching include:
- How to open programs such as Microsoft Word, access to the internet, and a typing program
- Minimizing, maximizing and closing windows
- How to use the Typing Program (www.typingclub.com)
- How to use Gmail
- Send and receiving emails
- How to attach a file into your email
- Google Docs