“The Check Out” Podcast Features People of Evanston
Evanston Public Library launched The Check Out on January 14, 2020, a podcast that introduces listeners to Evanston residents or people working in Evanston who are actively engaged in making the community better, and other noteworthy pursuits. The podcast, hosted by EPL Community Engagement Coordinator Jill Schacter, features interviews with Evanstonians involved in fields such as the arts, history, nonprofits and community development.
“Other libraries’ podcasts are often about books,” The Check Out host Jill Schacter said. “Evanstonians love Evanston so much that it just made sense to make our podcast more community-focused. We want The Check Out to give people in the community a voice. Along the way, listeners might just learn something about the role the library plays in the community, too.”
The Check Out season 1 guests include:
- Patricia Efiom, Chief Equity Officer
- Mary Collins, Community Development specialist and former ETHS Community Service Coordinator
- Dino Robinson, Shorefront founder
- Lisa Degliantoni, Evanston Made founder
- Karli Butler, 4th generation Evanstonian and motivational speaker
- Betsy Bird, Renowned children’s book author and EPL Collections Manager
- Kim Erwin, Co-Director of the Institute for Healthcare Delivery Design at UIC
Episodes will be released every two weeks and are available at: https://www.epl.org/thecheckout/, and on iTunes and Spotify. Check out the first episode — out now!